Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Knock, knock.

A few weeks ago, a big ol' tree branch fell on Noffy's neighbor's wooden shed. They've since been fixing it, and as they were, I spotted one of the old wooden doors in the trash and begged Noffy to ask his neighbor if we could have it! "Why?" You might ask (if you're anything like Noffy). Well... to make a jewelry board, of course!

My prize :)

Noffy helped me (or rather, I helped him) cut it, about 2x3. I wanted to make sure to keep the handle on it so it still looked like part of a door. There's about half of it left over, so I've been brainstorming what to do with the extra pieces.

What a guy; helping me with my little projects :)

Screwing in the hooks.

The finished product. We had to hang it a bit off-center due to the framing in the wall, but no worries. I still love it! We bolted a wire to the back and hung it by two nails.



The door was free, and the hooks were only $2.50 for a pack. Plus only about an hour of our time, and I'd say it ain't so bad a deal! Now what to do with those extra door pieces... a bracelet board, maybe? Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment