Saturday, December 24, 2011

Short, sweet, and a little bit lazy.

So, here it is, Christmas Eve 2011. And here I am, laying in bed past noon for the 3rd day in a row. It's wonderful.

This past semester was a success. 3.80 and I'm officially exhausted. Spring semester, here I come!

I've been doing a lot of nothing since I've been home for the holidays. My sister/bro-in-law and their twin baby girls are here visiting and it's been amazing spending time with them :) Those little girlies (they're one year old) are so bright and cute!

Being home with friends and family is refreshing, it really is, but I'm glad it's only for a short time and then I can leave again. This place is home in the sense that I grew up here and loved ones are here, but this is no longer where my soul fits. There's a fog over me when I'm here, I suppose. A good fog that makes you want to curl up with a cup of tea and read a book, but ends up keeping you inside much longer than you'd prefer (all metaphorically speaking if course. It's rather sunny outside right now).

I do love it here. But I look forward to getting back to the Mid West :)

No comments:

Post a Comment