Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dinner for Two

Last night I had Noffy over for a home-cooked "gourmet" meal, just the two of us! This summer has been fairly rough, so I figured this will put a pretty little coffee stain (in the good sense) on our memory of Summer '11. 

A few weeks ago, I left this invitation on his bed for when he got back from a work trip to Nashville.

Just a side note, I'm blessed to have a day job where I can hand-make a card while working. 

I set up my room as a private dining room. I love the lighting in there that time of day (sunset). It's just so... happy! :) This picture doesn't do it complete justice.

Waterfall scented candles and a few dried flowers for decoration :)

I made a strawberry/spinach salad to start, complete with carrots, cucumbers, and a home-made dressing of olive oil, white wine vinegar, sugar, honey, and sesame seeds! It was dee-lish!

I was sooo nervous to make salmon. Being from the coast, I've had my share of fish, but I've never prepared it myself. But it turned out WONDERFUL! (Just saying). Fresh salmon, marinated in teriyaki sauce, with sauteed zucchini and scallions, sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds, and served with boiled asparagus and brown rice!

And, of course, we had to get dolled up for the occasion.

The honored guest of the evening after finishing a fully satisfying meal ;)

To avoid Noffy's... uh... "reaction" to dairy product, we finished off the evening with vanilla almond milk ice cream, topped with a honey drizzle!

My Momma would be proud! ;)


And a P.S., thanks Liz & Josh (my good friends and landlords) for letting us invade the house for the evening. You rock ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment